The Ever-Popular Mediterranean Eggs from our Grand Canyon Rafting Trips
Of all the breakfast items we have on our trips, our Mediterranean eggs is one of the more popular, and therefore, most asked for recipes! It is delicious, fresh, and different than just the usual pancakes and sausage. We make this recipe on all of our Grand Canyon rafting adventures, including our Classic Adventure (a combination of oar & paddle rafts and dory), our All-Paddle Adventure, and our Motorized Adventures. Please note that this recipe makes enough for 32 people, so you’ll definitely want to adjust the amounts for your personal needs. Photo above by David Zickl.
Ingredients for 32 people
- 5 pounds of frozen eggs + 1.5 dozen fresh
- 2 boxes of frozen spinach
- 1 lb of feta cheese
- 6 roma tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 3 cans of artichoke hearts
How to cook!
- First, you’ll want to drain all the liquid from the artichokes, and squeeze the water out of the spinach.
- Next, it seems easiest to do this on a griddle of some sort so you can lay all the eggs out and cook them evenly and flat, and then add all of the veggies on top.
- From here, you have a few options on best cooking methods:
- Cook it all together like a scramble (adding the spinach very last and close to the end)
- Cook the eggs thoroughly, then heat up the veggies and toppings on top of it at the end
- Make it similar to an omelet with the veggies and toppings in the middle
Eat ’em river ready!
Serve this with English muffins, as well as our usual side of melons or other seasonal fruit. We also always have cereal, yogurt, and granola to provide plenty of breakfast options for everyone.
In addition, to get the true river trip experience, make some cowboy coffee, put it in your river mug you received when on your trip with us, find a comfy rock to sit on in your backyard and enjoy sitting outside, taking in the freshness of the day.
If you end up making this Mediterranean Egg recipe from your Grand Canyon rafting trip, comment below to let us know how it went!
Haven’t been on a Grand Canyon rafting trip with us yet? Take a look at this page to begin choosing the right adventure option for you!
Have any other river recipes you’d like us to write up? Send us an email at email@example.com, and we’ll be happy to write it up sometime soon!