Everything you need to know to prepare for 2023 Opening Day
Photo by Ralph Hopkins
Thank you for your interest in rafting with us in 2023! We look forward to getting you on the Colorado River through Grand Canyon. Below you’ll find all of the details you’ll need to be prepared for our 2023 opening day. If you have any questions, give us a call or send us an email, and we’ll be happy to assist you.
The Basics of Opening Day
- Opening Day is November 16, 2021.
- Hours 9AM-4PM MST
- Reservations will be first-come, first-serve.
- Call us at 800-786-7238 or 928-526-8200
- OR reserve online (https://azraft.com/ or use links below).
- Reserve online (https://azraft.com/ or use links below) starting at 9 AM MST. If you have a trip in your cart, it will hold it there for only 15 minutes so you must confirm it as quickly as possible in order to reserve the date. Your party must be 9 guests or less to reserve online. If your party is larger, you must call us to reserve.
- If you reserve online, our system will ask for your credit card information, but it will not be charged the 15% deposit until 10 days after reservation is made
- Emails will be secondary to online and over the phone reservations. We cannot guarantee we will make your reservation if you only email us.
- If you are planning to reserve a partial canyon trip (6-7 day upper or 9-10 day lower), read through the information on our website to ensure everyone in your party is able to hike the Bright Angel Trail, a strenuous 7.5 mile hike
- You will receive an email notification with your online portfolio link, soon after reserving, if your online reservation is successful. Questions you may have, may be answered in your portfolio details. Be sure to check your spam folder.
SEE CLASSIC ADVENTURE 2023 DATES
SEE ALL-PADDLE ADVENTURE 2023 DATES
SEE MOTOR ADVENTURE 2023 DATES
- Have trip type, time frame, and party’s size, as well as a phone number and email address for the reservation ready before you call. Call 800-786-7238 or 928-526-8200
- Have only one person call for parties that wish to separate invoicing, so that we can get your whole party reserved at one time. You can email us later that week to confirm group details, including payment and contact information for each party. Maximum group size is 14 participants on our Classic Adventure and Motor Adventures. All-Paddle Adventure max group size is 10.
- Please be ready to provide us with your first, second and third choices so we can check on availability of all three (or as broad a time frame you want to raft as possible). This also increases your chances of being able to reserve your adventure of a lifetime.
- If you are planning to reserve a partial canyon trip (6-7 day upper or 9-10 day lower), read through the information on our website to ensure everyone in your party is able to hike the Bright Angel Trail, a strenuous 7.5 mile hike.
- A 15% non-refundable deposit per space will be due 10 days after confirmed reservation.
- We will keep your initial reservation conversation pretty short if you call us to reserve. Be sure to read our follow-up emails for all details.
- Keep a list of questions after you make your reservation, and plan to email or call us back later that week. We want to assist as many people in their reservations that day as possible. Many answers to questions, may be answered in your online trip portfolio, which will be emailed to you soon after you reserve. Review information carefully there. Be sure to check your spam folder.
- We will not be taking reservations prior to November 16th. If you are unable to call that day, you can have someone else make a reservation on behalf of you or reserve online.
- When you first call in, there will be a phone message to listen to, and then you’ll be placed in our call queue. Continue listening to the message, and wait in the queue until you get through to us.
Reviewing 2023 Dates Prior to Opening Day
- We will load all 2023 dates to our website by noon MST on Friday, November 12, so that you can come prepared with a few date options that work for you and/or your party,
- All the dates you see on our website as of November 12th will be available to sell (first-come, first-serve) on November 16th. There will be a button next to all dates to “Inquire”. Please disregard this button, as our response to you will be to call us or email to reserve on November 16th. As we will not reserve prior to November 16.
Other Information for 2023 Opening Day
- Be sure to determine what trip type you’d like to go on. You can find links to the three trip types we run below. Prices will be listed there and on November 16th you can reserve online at those links.
- Don’t worry if you don’t get the time frame you wanted. We can wait list you for your preferred dates/time frame, as there can be quite a bit of fluctuation from opening day until deposits are due. It’s possible your preferred date will open up. However, it’s also important to be okay with the date you do reserve in case space doesn’t open up on your preferred date.
- If you have 10% repeat discounts (having rafted with us in the prior 3 seasons) or Granite Adventure Club 10% discounts (rafted 4 or more times with us), or the 5% group discount (parties of 10 or more) please remind us at time of deposit and we will apply discounts after all deposits are made.
- We have already set aside all the charter dates (parties purchasing an all available spaces on a trip) we can accommodate for 2023, those dates are not available to reserve for general reservations. Throughout the year, we keep a charter interest list, and reserve as many of those as we can first. If you’re interested in a charter, email or call us to join the wait list for 2023 or to be added to the 2024 charter list.
- Our Granite Adventure Club members (have been with us 4 or more times) have also already reserved per benefits of being a repeat guest.
Classic Adventure Information
All-Paddle Adventure Information
Motor Adventure Information
Thank you so much for your interest in rafting with us 2023. We look forward to getting you down river and sharing this beautiful place with you, and are honored to be your outfitter of choice!
So excited to have come across your website! My husband and I just did a canoe trip this year ( https://lovelyandlimitless.com/2021/03/17/colorado-river-canoe-trip/ ) and fell in love with being on the water are looking for the next adventure. Definitely looking into this for 2022 :)!
We would love to have you both!