Everything you need to know to prepare for 2022 Opening Day
Photo by Ralph Hopkins
Thank you for your interest in rafting with us in 2022! We look forward to getting you on the Colorado River through Grand Canyon. Below you’ll find all of the details you’ll need to be prepared for our 2022 opening day. If you have any questions, give us a call or send us an email, and we’ll be happy to assist you.
- Opening Day is January 13, 2021.
- Hours 9AM-4PM
- Reservations will be first-come, first-serve.
- Call us at 800-786-7238 or 928-526-8200 OR reserve online.
- If you reserve online, our system will ask for your credit card information, but it will not be charged until 10 days after reservation is made.
- Emails will be secondary to online and over the phone reservations. We cannot guarantee we will make your reservation if you only email us.
- Have trip type, time frame, and party’s size, as well as a phone number and email address for the reservation ready before you call.
- For large groups (8+), have ONE PERSON CALL AS GROUP ORGANIZER. We will confirm all details of your group later that week. Maximum group size is 14.
- If you are planning to reserve a partial canyon trip (6-7 day upper or 9-10 day lower), read through the information on our website to ensure everyone in your party is able to hike the Bright Angel Trail, a strenuous 7.5 mile hike.
- A 15% non-refundable deposit per space will be due 10 days after confirmed reservation.
- We will keep your initial reservation conversation pretty short if you call us to reserve. Be sure to read our follow-up emails for all details.
- Keep a list of questions after you make your reservation, and plan to call us back later that week. We want to assist as many people in their reservations that day as possible.
- We will not be taking reservations prior to January 13. If you are unable to call that day, you can have someone else make a reservation on behalf of you or reserve online.
- So that you can come prepared with a few date options that work for you and/or your party, we will load all dates to our website by noon MST on Friday, January 8.
- All the dates you see on our website as of January 8 will be available to sell (first-come, first-serve) on January 13. There will be a button next to all dates to “Inquire”. Please disregard this button, as our response to you will be to call us on January 13.
- We have already scheduled all charters we can take for 2022. Throughout the year, we keep a charter interest list, and reserve as many of those as we can first. If you’re interested in a charter, email or call us to join the wait list for 2022 or to be added to the 2023 charter list.
- Our Granite Adventure Club members (have been with us 4 or more times) have also already reserved per benefits of being a repeat guest.
- Please be ready to provide us with your first, second and third choices so we can check on availability of all three. This also increases your chances of being able to reserve your adventure of a lifetime.
- Be sure to determine what trip type you’d like to go on. You can find links to the three trip types we run below.