Everything you need to know to prepare for 2020 Opening Day
Photo by Ralph Hopkins
Thank you for your interest in rafting with us in 2020! We look forward to getting you on the Colorado River through Grand Canyon. Due to high interest in the 2020 season, we are expecting a busy opening day. Below you’ll find all of the details you’ll need to be prepared for our 2020 opening day. If you have any questions, give us a call or send us an email, and we’ll be happy to assist you. Our office will be closed for our annual winter break from Wednesday, December 12 to January 1, 2019. We will be back in the office to respond to emails and phone messages on January 2, 2019.
- Opening Day is January 14, 2019.
- Hours 9AM-4PM
- Reservations will be first-come, first-serve.
- Call us at 800-786-7238 or 928-526-8200
- You must SPEAK to us on the phone to confirm your reservation (emails and phone messages will be secondary to those who speak with us directly).
- Have trip type, time frame, and party’s size, as well as a phone number and email address for the reservation ready before you call.
- For large groups (8+), have ONE PERSON CALL AS GROUP ORGANIZER. We will hold all reservations under that person’s name until Friday, January 18. At that point, if you’d like others in your party to pay for themselves, they will need to call us between January 18 and 25 to move to their own reservations and invoices.
- If you are planning to reserve a partial canyon trip (6-7 day upper or 9-10 day lower), read through the information on our website to ensure everyone in your party is able to hike the Bright Angel Trail.
- A $400 non-refundable per space deposit will be due 10 days after confirmed reservation.
- We will keep your initial reservation conversation pretty short. Be sure to read our follow-up emails for all details.
- Keep a list of questions after you make your reservation, and plan to call us back the following week. We expect to be very busy, and want to assist as many people in their reservations that day as possible.
- We will not be taking reservations prior to January 14. If you are unable to call that day, you can have someone else make a reservation on behalf of you.
- So that you can come prepared with a few date options that work for you and/or your party, we will load all dates to our website on Monday, January 7, 2019.
- All the dates you see on our website as of January 7, 2019 will be available to sell (first-come, first-serve) on January 14. There will be a button next to all dates to “Inquire”. Please disregard this button, as the response will be to call us on January 14, 2019.
- We have already scheduled all charters we can take for 2020. Throughout the year, we keep an interest list for just charters, and reserve as many of those as we can first. If you’re interested in a charter, email or call us to join the back-up charter list for 2020 or to be added to the 2021 charter list.
- Our Granite Adventure Club members (have been with us 4 or more times) have also already reserved per benefits of being a repeat guest.
- Please be ready to provide us with your first, second and third choices so we can check on availability of all three. This also increases your chances of being able to get a trip reserved.
- Be sure to determine what trip type you’d like to go on. You can find links to the three trip types we run below.