Everything you need to know to prepare for 2021 Opening Day
Photo by Ralph Hopkins
Thank you for your interest in rafting with us in 2021! We look forward to getting you on the Colorado River through Grand Canyon. Due to high interest in the 2021 season, we are expecting a busy opening day. Below you’ll find all of the details you’ll need to be prepared for our 2021 opening day. If you have any questions, give us a call or send us an email, and we’ll be happy to assist you.
- Opening Day is November 20, 2019.
- Hours 9AM-4PM
- Reservations will be first-come, first-serve.
- Call us at 800-786-7238 or 928-526-8200
- You must SPEAK to us on the phone to confirm your reservation (emails and phone messages will be secondary to those who speak with us directly).
- Have trip type, time frame, and party’s size, as well as a phone number and email address for the reservation ready before you call.
- For large groups (8+), have ONE PERSON CALL AS GROUP ORGANIZER. We will confirm all details of your group later that week.
- If you are planning to reserve a partial canyon trip (6-7 day upper or 9-10 day lower), read through the information on our website to ensure everyone in your party is able to hike the Bright Angel Trail.
- A $400 non-refundable per space deposit will be due 10 days after confirmed reservation.
- We will keep your initial reservation conversation pretty short. Be sure to read our follow-up emails for all details.
- Keep a list of questions after you make your reservation, and plan to call us back later that week. We expect to be very busy, and want to assist as many people in their reservations that day as possible.
- We will not be taking reservations prior to November 20. If you are unable to call that day, you can have someone else make a reservation on behalf of you.
- So that you can come prepared with a few date options that work for you and/or your party, we will load all dates to our website on Wednesday, November 13, 2019.
- All the dates you see on our website as of November 13, 2019 will be available to sell (first-come, first-serve) on November 20. There will be a button next to all dates to “Inquire”. Please disregard this button, as our response to you will be to call us on November 20.
- We have already scheduled all charters we can take for 2021. Throughout the year, we keep a charter interest list, and reserve as many of those as we can first. If you’re interested in a charter, email or call us to join the wait list for 2021 or to be added to the 2022 charter list.
- Our Granite Adventure Club members (have been with us 4 or more times) have also already reserved per benefits of being a repeat guest.
- Please be ready to provide us with your first, second and third choices so we can check on availability of all three. This also increases your chances of being able to reserve your adventure of a lifetime.
- Be sure to determine what trip type you’d like to go on. You can find links to the three trip types we run below.
Classic Adventure Information
All-Paddle Adventure Information
Motor Adventure Information
Thank you so much for your interest in rafting with us 2021. We look forward to getting you down river and sharing this beautiful place with you, and are honored to be your outfitter of choice!
Several of us (probably enough for 1 boat want to moronic raft the river in September 2020. I understand you are closed right now, and I will call you when you reopen in January, however I wanted to make sure we got on your reservation list. Thank you.
Hi Alan, sounds like my colleague Starla has been assisting you since we returned. We look forward to chatting with you when you call in on Monday, January 14. Please make sure your group designates ONE person to call on behalf of everyone for your party for the time being, and we’ll hold enough spaces for your group at that time. Then the following week, we can have everyone in your party call to confirm their own spaces. Thank you!
We heard great stuff about your company and the rafting trips from our friends Leslie Kilpatrick and Tom McLean and we look forward to signing on for the 2020 season.
Glad to hear, Paul! We look forward to taking you down river!